Senior Lift Consultant – London
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
Design and supervise projects designated by your Group Leader. Carry out detailed lift design and calculations in accordance with industry guides. Assist and prepare specifications, reports and drawings to the design programme. Oversee project site works snagging and testing.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects with your Group Leader.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your Group Leader, for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist Group Leader with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project within your control.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
- When acting as design team leader, co-ordinate with other project disciplines.
- Assist Group Leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Implement requirements for ISO9001 & ISO14001.
Preferred Skills & Requirements
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally 5 years’ industry experience.
- Competence in being able to prove safe working on lifts and comfortable carrying out all manner of lift surveys safely and unaided is essential.
- Experience of monitoring contract staff or third-party appointments would be desirable.
- Able to undertake computer modelling organise and direct the production of CAD drawings and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other consultants.
- Skills in project managing on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
The terms as defined in this document are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the company reserves the right to amend these requirements in line with the changing needs of the business.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)20 8763 5900