Senior/ Intermediate Mechanical Engineer – London
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
Design and supervise projects designated by your Group Leader. Carry out detailed design and calculations in accordance with industry guides. Assist and prepare specifications, reports, and drawings to the design programme. Oversee project site works snagging and testing.
- Agree design duties with your Group Leader.
- Assist Group Leader with CAD resource requirements.
- Carry out detailed design, production of tender documents, site snagging and witness testing.
- Liaise with the design team to co-ordinate detailed designs and agree manufacturers and samples.
- Maintain good client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Assist Group Leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement requirements for ISO9001 and ISO14001.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Extensive experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally 5-10 years’ industry experience.
- Experience of monitoring contract staff or third party appointments would be desirable.
- Able to undertake computer modelling organise and direct the production of CAD drawings and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other consultants.
- Skills in project managing on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Incorporated Status in chosen discipline preferred and ongoing pursuit of Chartered status and business qualifications if not already achieved.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- Some leadership and people management skills and experience preferred.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
The terms as defined in this document are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the company reserves the right to amend these requirements in line with the changing needs of the business.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com on +44 (0)20 8763 5900