Senior Development Consultant
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
Provide dynamic thermal modelling (IES) assessment consultancy on development projects within the energy and sustainability team. Manage and support delivery on a project basis. Assume role of project manager as required, co-ordinating with immediate ESD colleagues, other internal teams, other project disciplines and the client.
- Maintain up to date professional competency and knowledge of using and interpreting the Divisions chosen engineering design software packages namely: IES and TAS Dynamic Thermal Modelling and FSAP, to enable you to undertake your role and responsibilities in delivering design solutions for low energy, low carbon and inclusive buildings, including but not limited to: Building Regulation Part L and F compliance, Façade studies including Daylighting, Thermal and visual Comfort Studies, heating and cooling loads etc.
- Competent in being able to simplify a thermal/visual model and associated modelling techniques and inputs to generate efficiencies in service line delivery whilst being able to demonstrate a commercial awareness.
- Be proficient in incorporate energy/water efficiency measures and Low Zero Carbon technology (combined cooling, heating and power, solar PV/Thermal, Wind, Biomass Heating/CHP, Ground Source Heat Pumps, Geothermal Heating and Cooling) into the project design and modelling assessment.
- Be able to demonstrate awareness and interaction/interdependencies of Sustainable Building Assessments, specifically relating to thermal or visual credit requirements and modelling techniques relating to BREEAM and CSH.
- Create or assist in the production of Reports and Planning Applications including assessments on energy supply and demand.
- Maintain professional knowledge of energy and sustainability services policy, legislation, design guidance, reference standards etc.
- When appropriate, develop understanding of new and up and coming legislation and how it will impact business.
- When required, take on lead roles and project management duties to support ESD and enable the company and ESD team to deliver associated energy and sustainability services on projects. When acting as project manager, co-ordinate with other project disciplines and team members.
- Ideally the successful candidate should have knowledge of the following:
- Planning strategy and documentation – energy strategies and sustainability statements
- Building modelling (energy performance, daylight studies, etc.)
- Low and zero carbon strategies
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Where possible, develop business relationships to support the company in securing additional work and increase development team revenue and deliver revenue targets for the development team.
- Where possible, identify and pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
- When requested, contribute to HPF Energy Policy and strategy for energy and sustainability.
Preferred Skills, Experience & Qualifications
The candidate is to have at least 5-7 years’ experience working within an energy design environment within a recognised engineering practise and has a detailed knowledge of the design procurement and installation process for major projects.
- An Energy/Sustainability/Building Services/Engineering related degree or similar.
- IES VE and/or TAS, plus SAP Working competency essential.
- Knowledge, experience and or awareness of capability and deployment of Building Physics design software.
- Deliver and maintain knowledge and experience in the support of planning and building control applications in the London area, including latest planning policy requirements and future legislation, regulation and industry standards.
- Ability to competently deliver Energy Strategies and input to Sustainability Statements is essential.
- Demonstrate knowledge of statutory legislation and other associated design standards and guidance.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Technically competent.
- Understand and/or correctly interpret client requirements/objectives.
- Skills in self-managing project deliverables and on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and
- Work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
- Ensure, Assessor capability in at least one of the following accreditation requirements, but not limited to: Building Regulations Part L (plan assessor), LCDEA, OCDEA,
- Ideally a working knowledge of delivering BREEAM, LEED, CSH, HQM, WELL credits/point assessment and evidence reporting.
- Ideally have working knowledge and experience in delivering CFD assessments for the built environment.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com on +44 (0)20 8763 5900