Senior BMS Engineer
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
- Design and supervise projects designated by your Group Leader.
- Carry out detailed design and calculations in accordance with industry guides.
- Assist and prepare specifications for Building Management Systems, Meter Monitoring Systems and Integrated Networks, technical reports, and drawings to the design programme.
- Oversee project site works snagging and testing.
- Will be responsible for taking performance briefs and ER documents and putting them into a final BMS or EMS design.
- Must be able to manage RFIs, technical submittals and attend design meetings.
- Additional responsibilities include BMS surveying, troubleshooting clients BMS issues and providing information on the current BMS marketplace to clients.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects with your Group Leader.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your Group Leader, for each project,
understand relationship with fee.
- Assist Group Leader with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project
within your control.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site
supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs
and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant,
to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings.
- Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction
and repeat business.
- Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
- When acting as design team leader, co-ordinate with other project disciplines.
- Assist Group Leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD
requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Implement requirements for ISO9001 & ISO14001.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Extensive experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally at least 5 years’
- Able to undertake computer modelling organise and direct the production of CAD drawings
and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other consultants.
- Skills in project managing on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- Some leadership and people management skills and experience preferred.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and cooperatively.
The terms as defined in this document are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the company
reserves the right to amend these requirements in line with the changing needs of the business.