Marketing Assistant (12 month Student Placement)
We are seeking to hire a Marketing Assistant to fill our 12 month student placement role (starting in August 2019).
To support the marketing team to deliver the strategic business objectives of all companies within the Hurley Palmer Flatt Group. This position will give a great opportunity to gain experience in a broad range of marketing techniques in both online and offline channels in a B2B environment.
To champion the Hurley Palmer Flatt Group and subsidiary brands, ensuring all communication internal and external complies with the Branding Toolkit, be it company documentation, supporting material, livery, electronic media and other company literature.
To ensure that all marketing activity is delivered to and by the business that underpins the core Visions, Values and Objectives of the company with the support of the Directors.
Events & Awards
• Provide administration for events that attract and are attended by specific clients, this includes the event ideas, invitations, personal contact and arranging transport & accommodation where necessary.
• To attend events as required, and to take ownership of the arrangements and ensure the event runs smoothly from start to finish. (This may occasionally include work out of usual office hours.)
• Report and keep track of all events including response monitoring and reporting.
• Update the events database and calendar and keep key directors informed accordingly.
• Support awards entries where required.
• Arrange Staff/Group Conferences as and where required.
• Supporting the database Manager by ensuring the database is, kept up to date and accurate and can be used as an effective marketing tool for the company where required.
• Using DotDigital, design email marketing content, e.g. invitations, campaigns and event mailshots. (Training will be given).
• Provide campaign reports using analytics tools available within email marketing software.
Website Management & Maintenance
• Edit and update WordPress websites for Hurley Palmer Flatt Group companies (4 in total)
• Work with marketing team to create content.
• Liaise with the businesses to ensure the website is kept current.
• Complete SEO, metadata, alt tags within the CMS.
• Use Google Analytics and Google Data Studio to provide reports on website activity.
Social Media Management
• Work with the team to ensure social media is kept updated to ensure aligns with the events and awards calendar. Create and implement event specific social media plans.
• Develop low-cost, high-impact social media campaigns that help build audience, promote brand and drive engagement.
• Weekly, monthly and ad hoc/campaign specific analysis and reports on digital activity
• Use Hootsuite to plan and schedule campaigns across social media channels.
Graphic Design / Media
• Design marketing collateral (using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign). Training will be provided if required.
• Video production for social media
Internal Communications / Intranet
• Ensuring the Staff Intranet (SharePoint) is kept up to date and accurate where required.
• Monthly staff newsletter – support in collation of content and ensuring deadlines for delivery are met.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
• A marketing student that is looking for a year-long placement in industry
• Awarded/predicted a 2:1 or higher from your 1st and 2nd year
• A good understanding of MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Basic knowledge of Google Analytics
• Desirable but not essential; knowledge / experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Desirable but not essential; DotDigital (formerly DotMailer) or similar email marketing software
• Desirable but not essential; Website CMS system such as WordPress.
• Creative flair and an eye for detail.
• Knowledge of SEO, Content Marketing and techniques
• Strong communicator, written and verbal; the ability to be proactive, and always seeking to improve.
• Excellent presentation and project management skills.
• Resilient and composed under pressure, with high recognition for the importance of confidentiality.
• The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
• Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the team and Clients.
• To be able to work as part as a team, collaboratively and co-operatively.
The terms as defined in this document are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the company reserves the right to amend these requirements in line with the changing needs of the business.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd March 2019 (all successful candidates will be contacted by 28th March)
Interviews: April 2019
Start Date: Thursday 1st August 2019
To apply, please complete the form below.