JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
Assist senior engineers and the winder team in the design process in order to gain a detailed working knowledge of all parts of the industry.
- Assist Senior Engineers with detailed design tasks and drawing production.
- Develop an understanding of the different building materials and techniques employed in design.
- Carry out detailed design calculations and develop a full understanding of computer design packages.
- Maintain a Continuing Professional Development diary to assist in obtaining appropriate qualifications.
- Develop an understanding of appropriate Legislation Standards, Building Regulations, and Codes of Practice.
- Learn and understand design techniques and develop awareness of other design disciplines.
- Maintain a training Log on a daily basis, recording achievements and experience.
- Attend appropriate and relevant site visits and meetings as and where applicable to the role or the project.
- Attend relevant training as required by the practice to achieve Chartered status.
- Attend and arrange Lunch time CPD’s and Knowledge Sharing sessions.
- Assist in maintaining QA systems on projects.
Skills & Requirements
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
- Good IT knowledge and experience featuring Microsoft Packages
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience
- Be clear, concise, professional and personable when communicating with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Some knowledge and use of appropriate design analysis software desirable.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
To read more about our Graduate Scheme (GATES), visit the Graduate Opportunities page on our website.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com on +44 (0)20 8763 5900