Graduate Fire Engineer – London
Principal Duties & Main Activities:
- Working to the highest standards of professional probity and accuracy on fire engineering projects in accordance with the Building Regulations, Approved Documents and fire engineering professional standards.
- Reporting to Head of Fire Engineering and liaising with colleagues on all aspects of work including technical, administrative and management issues.
- Representing Hurley Palmer Flatt at all times in a manner to bring credit, high reputation, integrity and honesty in its dealings with all its contacts.
- Working within the Hurley Palmer Flatt management systems including quality assurance, health and safety, induction requirements and policies.
- Undertaking and applying knowledge from training programmes including technical and administrative procedures, use of computer systems, etc.
- Pro-actively develop own knowledge by reading relevant guidance documents and undertaking research in the field of fire engineering.
- Communicating in meetings and correspondence with other project team members including:
- Fire Officers and other statutory organisations.
- Clients, client representatives/agents and client design teams.
- Other professionals including engineers, architects, surveyors, etc.
- Members of the public and potential clients.
- Efficiently and competently undertaking and providing fire engineering services and associated services on a timely basis including:
- Assisting the fire team project lead in the preparation and issue of all reports, design calculations and specification documentation.
- Assessing information, plans and reports and providing information on your findings to the fire team project lead.
- Undertake site inspections where required to advise and ensure compliance with fire safety aspects of Building Regulations as applicable to the client requirements.
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive written records of all actions, agreements and site visits.
- Enable repeat business for Hurley Palmer Flatt during the course of work, through timely execution of duties and assisting the fire team project lead. Reporting of any business opportunities, marketing leads, etc to the Directors.
- Ensuring work is undertaken accurately and delivered within agreed timescales to assist in achieving profitable financial contributions to the business.
- Contributing to the corporate business development of Hurley Palmer Flatt, and the Company’s systems of work, seeking quality management and efficient working to the highest standards within the industry.
- Contributing to and supporting the required office culture, conduct and discipline to encourage enjoyable, productive and efficient working of all personnel.
- Seeking success for Hurley Palmer Flatt, contributing and supporting the company Vision and Values for the future growth to the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Contributing to the required office culture, conduct and discipline to encourage enjoyable, productive and efficient working of all personnel.
- Fostering sound working relationships with the team, other employees and contacts.
- Any other duties consistent with the job description that may be required from time to time.
- Fire engineering or similar degree.
- Student Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid driving license.
- Basic knowledge of the Building Regulations and other relevant legislation and their application to construction projects on a professional basis.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org on +44 (0)20 8763 5900