Graduate Engineer (Lifts) – London
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
Assist the project lead and the wider team in the Lift design process in order to gain a detailed working knowledge of all parts of the industry, including design, health and safety and project on site surveys and safety.
- Assist Associate and Senior Engineers with detailed vertical transport design tasks and drawing production.
- Develop an understanding of the different building materials and techniques employed in design.
- Carry out detailed design calculations and develop a full understanding of computer design packages.
- Maintain a Continuing Professional Development diary to assist in obtaining appropriate qualifications.
- Develop a detailed and advanced understanding of the Health & Safety of vertical transportation.
- Develop an understanding of appropriate Legislation Standards, Building Regulations, and Codes of Practice.
- Learn and understand design techniques and develop awareness of other design disciplines.
- Maintain a training Log on a daily basis, recording achievements and experience.
- Attend appropriate and relevant site visits and meetings as and where applicable to the role or the project.
- Attend relevant training as required by the practice to achieve Chartered status.
- Attend and arrange Lunch time CPD’s and Knowledge Sharing sessions.
- Assist in maintaining QA and H&S systems on all projects.
Skills & Requirements
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
- Good IT knowledge and experience featuring Microsoft Packages.
- Must have a keen interest in the Health & Safety element of Building Services and Vertical Transportation.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience
- Be clear, concise, professional and personable when communicating with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Some knowledge and use of appropriate design analysis software desirable.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
The terms as defined in this document are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the company reserves the right to amend these requirements in line with the changing needs of the business.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com or on +44 (0)20 8763 5900.