Events Coordinator – London
JOB HOLDERS PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
To provide high quality events management for all corporate, external and internal events, consistent with company’s corporate image and in line with agreed budgets. To work closely with the Group Head of Marketing to deliver an effective event timetable for the year.
To ensure that all events are delivered to and by the business that underpins the core Visions, Values and Objectives of the company with the support of the Directors.
To be successful in this role you will need proven experience within the events function within a B2B environment with a varied events portfolio. You will be comfortable liaising with multiple teams and internal stakeholders to ensure the smooth running and production of all events.
- Deliver cohesive event marketing communications, including invitations process and delegate management for hosted events
- To work closely with the Group Head of Marketing to ensure all events are in line with the company strategy and message applicable to that event.
- To attend all events as required, and to take ownership of the arrangements and ensure the event runs smoothly from start to finish. (This may sometimes include work outside of usual office hours).
- Assist in the measurement of all event activity and align to the reporting best practices
- Source venues and external suppliers, manage budgets and negotiate to ensure events are delivered within budget and maximise event ROI
- Arrange events that attract and are attended by specific clients, this includes the event ideas, invitations, personal contact and arranging transport where necessary.
- Manage events budgets and liaise with Accounts where required, ensuring all procedures are followed, and any financial records are kept up to date in real time.
- Report and keep track of all events by client, cost and budget.
- Create, design and manage campaign invitations and communications using DotDigital (formerly DotMailer) email marketing software.
- Ensure all events reflect the company Group brand.
- Update the events database and calendar and keep key Directors informed accordingly.
- Arrange Staff/Group Conferences as and where required.
- Manage Corporate event activities as directed, including costs, usage and communication to guests and directors.
- Coordinate staff requirements, staff briefings and other internal communications
- Manage sponsorships and events applicable to those against the Marketing and events calendar.
- Ensure the company’s attendance at key industry events, including management of diaries, transport and ad hoc logistics
- Collate details of all industry events and update the events calendar, accordingly, ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed and all targets are met in line with the Marketing department.
- Liaise and build rapport with key internal and external stakeholders.
- To understand the marketing mix in relation to events
Database Management Information Systems (CRM)
- Ensure the database is, kept up to date and accurate and can be used as an effective marketing tool for the company where required.
- Ensure the continued development of the database to keep a pace with the changing needs of the business where directed and applicable.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a commercial or B2B events environment
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or professional equivalent.
- A good understanding of MS Office, PowerPoint, DotDigital, SharePoint.
- Experience of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign an advantage but not essential.
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management.
- Strong communicator, written and verbal; the ability to be proactive, and always seeking to improve.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills.
- Resilient and composed under pressure, with high recognition for the importance of confidentiality.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
If you have what it takes , please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org on +44 (0)20 8763 5900