Document Controller – London
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
To provide an effective, efficient and professional support service to all internal and external customers and quality of service. Assist the company in the delivery of its key objectives in compliance with the quality management systems. The Document Controller will support the engineering team and report to the Document Control & Issue Coordinator, they will also to help achieve expeditious completion of the project by undertaking daily administration, filing as well as document control.
- Maintain accurate and through records of incoming and outgoing documentation. Maintain electronic copies of documentation – both current and superseded (and hard copy where applicable).
- Download, print (where applicable), date stamp, and distribute incoming documentation to wider project team.
- Liaise with project team to establish documentation deliverables in preparation for issue deadlines. Once agreed, distribute issue list to wider project team (Project lead, Project Engineers, CAD and Revit department).
- Liaise with external document controllers to confirm document submission requirements prior to project deadlines.
- Perform thorough QA checks on outgoing documentation, such as reports, specifications, drawings, etc. to verify completeness and accuracy of data. QA checks may consist of revision control, document reference number, date, size, scale and title, once documentation is approved by the engineers before uploading.
- Confer with document originators or engineering personnel to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to documents.
- Issue QA checked documentation to external companies via relevant EDMS or file share.
- Comment on documentation via various EDMSs (Aconex, 4 Projects, Conject, Skandocs, Newforma, Epin, Asite) using online comment tool or scanned copy.
- Assist in preparation of tender documentation for issue.
- Provide documentation reporting to wider project team. Such reports may be HPF document status (A, B & Cs), current/overdue actions/comments, RFIs, Technical Submittals.
- Assist the engineering team in the printing of drawings and providing the necessary history regarding revisions.
- Process change request (CR) together with associated documentation.
- Collate and issue relevant documentation to the Project Manager as required for the Project Certification Practical Completion File (Statutory details).
- Process incoming and outgoing RF and Tech Subs and maintain up to date registers showing status of documents.
- Collate drawings and documents, pdf, bind and burn CDs.
- Ensure that all project filing is filed correctly, kept up-to-date and readily available. All documents are to be filed according to the quality management procedures and filing procedure in accordance to filing structure.
- Operate reproduction equipment.
- Provide professional support to the project in the delivery of its key objectives in compliance with the quality management systems.
- Ensure that all documentation produced within the office is formatted to the required template, and that communications are executed expeditiously at all times.
- Assist in the structure and updating of both hard-soft copy filing, ensuring that all documentation is readily available and current.
- Provide general assistance where necessary.
- Producing and collating documents – reports/specifications/schedules/presentations etc.
Meeting Attendance Required
- Take (record) bullet points at selected meetings/workshops, arranged by Management on occasion where required.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Excellent telephone manner and communications skills.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Must be highly IT literate.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Skills in project managing on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
If you have what it takes , please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org on +44 (0)20 8763 5900.