Associate AV Designer – London
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
As Project Leader, assist the Group Leader with delivery of AV projects, with effective use of assisting engineers, maintaining technical quality, professionalism, completing all design activities to programme. Assist the Group Leader with coaching and staff training of junior employees in the group as required.
Main Duties of the AV System Designer:
- To take the technical brief for a project from client and or design
- To produce detailed systems designs and schematics to match the
- Production of/or assistance in the production of M&E CAD
- To produce written technical equipment
- When necessary, to provide project details and equipment specifications to in-house and third-party control system programmers and provide assistance with any control system
- Preparation of the necessary documentation for ‘Acceptance Tests’ and Commissioning conducted on site where necessary.
- To provide technical information and support for in-house project
- To assist in producing Fee proposal in relation to AV
- Assess and appraise new technologies to help deliver the best possible solution to our projects.
- To manage AV project delivery, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plan and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects within the
- Agree level of service, commensurate of fee with the Director, for each Manage fee draw down and assist Director with invoicing.
- Monitor resource relative to each project monthly allowable fee expenditure and workload forecasts as
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved, via frequent design reviews with engineers.
- Ensure all AV design projects and reports within the group are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and contacts to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business. Manage client’s expectations and promote a team
- Assist with the development of new business opportunities where appropriate and participate with company
- Motivate yourself and manage staff within group to build coherent high performing teams. Set objectives, monitor performance, coach and develop staff to optimise their potential.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial
- Implement management and administration systems (timesheets/expenses etc), co- ordinate holiday leave within group as
- Carry out staff Personal Development Plans in accordance with Group Report any staff performance problems to Divisional Director and agree corrective action. Identify and implement all training/CPD requirements of staff within their group if required.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all
- Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Ensure Quality Management System ISO 9001 and 14001 are adhered
- In depth Professional AV and/or Broadcast Television systems engineering knowledge. (Crestron, AMX, BiAmp, QSC, Extron, etc).
- Practical experience of projection and display, writing, visualisation, audio, control, scaling and switching and BYOD devices from industry-standard manufacturers such as Crestron or
- Experience of tendering and supplier management, including development of invitations to tender and management of supplier
- Maintains own knowledge and cutting edge/ up to date expertise in AV technologies and is able to evaluate the potential of innovations and developments for our
- Experience working with architects and space
- Strong negotiation and influencing Highly proactive, persuasive and enthusiastic with excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. A strong sense of teamwork.
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation and to earn the respect of senior
- A deep understanding of audio visual and multimedia technologies typically found within a commercial, retail, residential and hotel environments – Electronic signage, background music, FIRS, IPTV, Wayfinding, Wireless meeting room solutions, Room booking systems, Video conferencing.
- 2D CAD skills using AutoCAD or other CAD
- Communication skills – ability to deal politely and efficiently with customers both on the telephone and in meetings
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines as
- TCP/IP Networking knowledge
- Infocomm CTS Certification
- Infocomm CTS-D Certification
The terms as defined in this document are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the company reserves the right to amend these requirements in line with the changing needs of the business.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)20 8763 5900