SPOF (Single Point of Failure) Consultancy
A single point of failure (SPOF) analysis is an essential predictive tool for benchmarking mission critical design for highly resilient buildings and data centres. Our experts will audit designs and existing installations to establish new procedures, implement changes and monitor results. By working with you to identify issues, we minimize the risk to your operations, particularly in any critical engineering applications.
Typical elements we review:
- Development of functional block diagrams (FBDs) from drawings and scheme
- Design or installations consistent with BS 5760.
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) on the electrical and HVAC cooling systems to identify relevant failure scenarios and their impact.
- Fault tree analysis to model the failure mechanisms and provide quantified availability, reliability and maintainability (ARM) estimates.
Typical results outputs include overall ARM estimates for the electrical and cooling services as follows:
- Failure rate, per hour
- Mean time between failures in hours
- Unavailability figure
- Availability as a %
- Mean time to restore in hours
We also model the probability of failure and provide specialist static and dynamic commissioning, documenting risk factors and offering single point of failure resolutions.
For further information please contact:
Name: Robert Thorogood
Email Address: RThorogood@hurleypalmerflatt.com