Receptionist – Front of House
Job holder’s primary objectives
To provide an effective, first class, efficient and professional support service as front of house, to all internal and external clients, staff and visitors. Representing the public face of our business and portraying the company in the best possible light at all times.
Assist the company in the delivery of its key objectives in compliance with the quality management systems.
Front of House / General Administration
- To provide an initial point of contact for individuals and items entering the office. Welcome all visitors, provide refreshments, inform staff of visitor’s arrivals, and to create an excellent first impression of the business at all times.
- Welcoming visitors and employees – through eye contact and a smile and/or a handshake where appropriate – both those waiting at the reception desk and those passing by.
- Meeting, greeting and escorting clients to the appropriate rooms in a helpful and professional manner, taking their coats as required.
- Ensuring all areas, including the reception, corridors, cloakrooms, washrooms and the lounge area are presentable at all times.
- Answer the telephone promptly (within 3 rings) and politely, transferring calls or passing on messages where necessary.
- Responding to all emails as quickly as possible.
- Offering and delivering a beverage service to all guests waiting in the reception area or delivering refreshments to guests in the rooms as appropriate.
- Provide an efficient service in respect of incoming and outgoing mail and any incoming or outgoing courier requirements.
- Checking the rooms periodically for cleanliness, correct layout and that food and/or beverage requirements and AV provision are ready and available at the requested time. Being continually aware of the room status and ensuring that rooms are cleared promptly after use.
- Assist with the organisation and set up of meetings and ensure that all meeting rooms and kitchens are kept clean and tidy at all times. This includes restocking the crockery cupboards in each meeting room as and when required; and ensuring meetings rooms are cleared after use.
- Paying attention to detail, checking all rooms and fixtures, reporting any maintenance faults or cleaning requests to the appropriate avenue.
- Monitoring the meeting room diaries and ensuring invites and bookings are kept up to date and room booking requests are responded to in a timely manner with any on the day changes or amendments handled efficiently.
- Hosting and assisting all visiting clients with any needs.
- Ensure that all office stationery and sundries are well stocked and present (and in each meeting room as needed) reordering any supplies before they run out.
- Ensure that any and all documentation produced within the office is formatted to the required template and support in the production of documents as and when required.
- Provide accurate word processing assistance as required.
- Become knowledgeable with the scanning operation and digital equipment in the office.
- Carry out general office administration duties as directed by the line manager if required.
- Become familiar with duties of the Team Secretary role to be able to assist when busy or cover when absent.
- Adding value by offering support to other departments as requested.
- Fulfil all duties as required on the reception key tasks.
Experience & Qualifications
- The ability to project a positive, welcoming and professional attitude at all times.
- Excellent keyboard skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to spot potential gaps or problems and address in a timely fashion.
- The ability to be able to manage meetings and greeting efficiently and with a high level of professional customer service.
- Must have advanced time management skills and be able to work well under pressure.
- Previous experience in a similar role as front of house is essential.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships with all staff, internal and external teams, clients and suppliers.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent is desired but not essential.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com on +44 (0)20 8763 5900
For further information please contact: