Associate Director – London
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
To provide management of an engineering group as Group Leader. Monitoring and delivering projects with effective use of resources relative to fee with maximum profitability, maintaining technical quality, professionalism and completing all design activities to programme. Monitor and coach all staff performance within their group. Implement training, QA, Health and Safety.
Immediate Engineering Subordinates
To manage project delivery, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plan and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects within the group. Agree level of service, commensurate of fee with the Director, for each project. Manage fee draw down and assist Director with invoicing.
- Monitor resource relative to each project monthly allowable fee expenditure, defining monthly CAD requirements and two-weekly engineering workload forecasts. Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved, via frequent design reviews with engineers. – Ensure all design projects and reports within the group are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and contacts to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business. Manage client’s expectations and promote a team approach.
- Develop new business opportunities where appropriate and participate with company presentations.
- Motivate yourself and manage staff within group to build coherent high performing teams. Set objectives, monitor performance, coach and develop staff to optimise their potential.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Implement management and administration systems (timesheets/expenses etc), co-ordinate holiday leave within group.
- Carry out staff Personal Development Plans in accordance with the Personal Development Plans Procedures. Report any staff performance problems to Divisional Director/group Director and agree corrective action. Identify and implement all training/CPD requirements of staff within their group.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Ensure Quality Management System ISO 9001 and 14001 are adhered to.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Extensive experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally 5-10 years’ industry experience.
- Experience of monitoring contract staff or third-party appointments would be desirable.
- Able to undertake computer modelling organise and direct the production of CAD drawings and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other consultants.
- Skills in project managing on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Incorporated Status in chosen discipline preferred and ongoing pursuit of Chartered status and business qualifications if not already achieved.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- Some leadership and people management skills and experience preferred.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact:
Name: Human Resources
Email Address: email@example.com