Waterloo Station Refurbishment
- The building at Station Approach is located within Waterloo train station and comprises 90,000ft ² over four floors accommodating 550 staff.
- The offices overlook the concourse at Waterloo Station, and the refurbishment will split the current accommodation to allow for approximately one third of the space to be sub-let.
- The design allows for complete replacement of the heating, cooling and electrical systems within the building, and targetting a BREEAM 2014 ‘Very Good’.
- The works were designed to be in a phased manner to allow some Network Rail staff to remain in the offices during the refurbishment.
- HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt were appointed for MEP, structural, BREEAM, acoustics and fire engineering consultancy duties – up to Grip Stage 5.