Sea Containers House
- Extensive refurbishment of an iconic riverfront building and the addition of a new build element. The development will provide 250,000ft² of refurbished office space, a 300 key hotel and a 100,000ft² new commercial office block and reinvigorate this stretch of the South Bank.
- The river walkway, the east and west wings, which face the Thamas, will remain offices, while the south wing will be renovated as the hotel, bringing at least part of the building back to its original intended use.
- Replacement of the old boilers and heat transfer equipment with high efficiency hot water and heat recovery systems.
- Installation of low energy air conditioning, and incorporate building controls and 24 hour monitoring/targeting of energy use.
- These improvements will reduce electricity consumption by about 50% and total energy consumption by up to 40%.