Reading TVP M&E Refurbishment
- HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt were appointed as M&E, IT, AV, energy and sustainability and structural engineers on the extensive refurbishment of BG world headquarters, provided a fully integrated holistic design approach.
- After an initial feasibility study, the decision was taken to fully refurbish and reoccupy the unoccupied building and refurbish the remaining three buildings over a two-year period.
- The campus had to remain fully operational over the refurbishment with over 1,500 staff located on the site.
- The works typically involved the complete strip-out of the buildings back to existing concrete structure and a comprehensive refit of all internal systems, services and furnishings to the highest standards.
- BG Group commented that ‘They now have a best in class headquarters campus that fully reflects their position as a world
leader in the oil and gas industry’.