Kew Gardens Energy Audit
- To meet the challenges of this project Hurley Palmer Flatt put together a team that balanced the aesthetic goals of the architect and the aspirations of the client with the challenges that a bespoke building and structure presents.
- The team had wide-ranging experience which brought together a unique mix of technical and delivery expertise, combined with a forward looking attitude to sustainability and innovative technologies.
- Carried out energy efficiency surveys of glasshouses, laboratories and visitor areas.
- Benchmarked energy usage against horticultural and laboratory data.
- Put forward a number of energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives.
- Identified a portfolio-wide CO2 reduction of 21%.
- Estimated costs and simple payback for initiatives with next steps outlined for projects to move forward.