5 The Strand
- The project is broken down as 40,000ft2 commercial offices, 60,000ft2 residential, 10,000ft2 retail and 20,000ft2 basement.
- The project is a mixed-use new building in the heart of Westminster, comprising office, residential and retail.
- The façade design has been optimised to take advantage of beneficial solar gains, but also provide shade in summer.
- The plant design has been optimised to suit reduced basement depth due to London Underground tunnels beneath the existing structure.
- MEP systems have been designed to allow optimum floor-to-ceiling and maximise built area within restricted building height.
- CHP plant is used to supply offices and residential spaces as part of a central energy centre.