Team Secretary – London
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
To provide an effective, efficient and professional support service to all internal and external customers, whilst monitoring costs and quality of service. Assist the company in the delivery of its key objectives in compliance with the quality management systems.
- Answer the telephone promptly and politely, transferring calls or passing on messages where necessary to assist reception if required.
- Ensure that all documentation produced within the office is formatted to the required template and support in the production of documents as and when required.
- Provide accurate word processing assistance as required.
- Become knowledgeable with the scanning operation and digital equipment in the office.
- Assist in the structure and updating of both hard and soft copy filing, ensuring that all documentation is readily available and soft copy filing, ensuring that all documentation is readily available and current.
- Carry out general office administration duties as directed by the line manager. These duties will include but not be limited to the production of letters, reports, spreadsheets, database maintenance and filing management.
- Provide professional support to the office in the delivery of its key objectives in compliance with the quality management systems.
- Organise and manage the production of agendas, management information and minutes within a timely manner.
- Organise and manage the production of conferences and events as directed by the line manager.
- Assist in raising Change Proposals / Requests associated with design change.
- Diary Management, coordinating booking of meetings, dealing with catering requirements.
Become fully familiar with duties of the front of house role to be able to assist when busy or cover when absent if
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent keyboard skills, including competence in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Must have high attention to detail and an excellent telephone manner.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired but not essential.
- Excellent communication and time management experience.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the office and project teams and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org on +44 (0)20 8763 5900