Senior Mechanical Engineer – Site based in Saudi Arabia
An opportunity has arisen for a contract or fixed term Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our London office group, that will be based on site within our current team in Saudi Arabia. You will undertake a Site Based monitoring role of a large scale mixed use development in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The project is the redevelopment of a large-scale site in Central Riyadh consisting of a Retail Mall, restaurants and Hotels, and a team with experience of delivering construction projects of this nature.
This Senior Mechanical Engineer will join our existing team to be based on the ground in Riyadh and supporting the project whilst on site. We would be looking for candidates with Degree qualifications, experience of working in the Middle East or the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, must have extensive experience of delivering large scale construction projects in the region with specific experience of Retail Malls and Hotels.
We envisage that this will be for at least 12-18 months’ work with the possibility of this being extended.
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
Design and supervise the onsite project, as designated by your Group Leader or director. Carry out detailed design and calculations in accordance with industry guides. Assist and prepare specifications, reports and drawings to the design programme. Oversee project site works snagging and testing.
To manage project delivery on site, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plan and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for the project as directed.
• Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects with your Group Leader.
• Agree level of service, and project design duties with your Group Leader, for each project, understand relationship with fee.
• Assist Group Leader with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project within your control.
• Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
• Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
• Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
• Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments.
• Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
• Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
• Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
• Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
• Ensure Quality Management System ISO 9001 and 14001 are adhered to.
Preferred Skills & Requirements
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Must be a Chartered Engineer.
• Extensive experience, especially in designing and managing projects and staff desirable.
• Experience of monitoring contract staff or third-party appointments would be desirable.
• Able to undertake computer modelling organise and direct the production of CAD drawings and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other consultants where required.
• Skills in project managing on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
• Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
• Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
• The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
• Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
• Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
• Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
• Leadership and people management skills essential.
• To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
Competitive package will be discussed and offered to successful candidates.
Immediate Start Desirable (subject to notice period) – working hours will be discussed with successful applicants as a 6-day working week operates in the Kingdom of Saudi.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org on +44 (0)20 8763 5900