Senior Electrical Engineer (Perm)
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
Be a motivated, autonomous self-starter who is not afraid to jump in. Must be a good communicator who is able to work in a team and keen to lean new skills and importantly ask questions. This role will be fully supported by the more senior electrical engineers – we work as a team!
Design and run projects designated by your team leader. Carry out detailed design, including calculations in accordance with industry standards and guides. Prepare specifications, reports and drawings to the design programme. Oversee project site works comprising working with contractors, snagging and testing. Undertake site surveys and report.
- Work with team electrical lead collaboratively to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. Team electrical lead will support and aid development of senior engineer.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your team leader, for each project, as well as understand relationship with client and project team.
- Assist team leader with monitoring engineering/CAD/Revit resource requirement for each project under your control.
- Carry out electrical engineering role form concept design to completion on site, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are met.
- Liaise with the (internal and external) design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, and to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and
- Monitor and control project progress, including minimising design variations.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- When acting as Hurley Palmer Flatt design team leader, co-ordinate with other project team members within Hurley Palmer Flatt.
- Assist team leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements.
- Help develop improved working practices in the company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all your projects with the team leaders support.
- Implement Company Health and Safety policy e.g. ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
Preferred Skills & Requirements
- Permanent employee role only. This role will lead to Associate Engineer level for the right candidate.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- [Required] Able to write originally scripted specifications (not NBS) and reports using HPF in-house style.
- [Required] Experienced user of Amtech, Dialux, Bluebeam etc.
- [Required] Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Able to undertake computer modelling organise and direct the production of CAD drawings and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other.
- [Preferable but not essential] Experience in data centres, MV/HV designing and managing projects, ideally 5 years’ industry experience. HPF are willing to work with successful applicant to develop these skills but engineer definitely needs a can-do attitude and an enquiring mind.
- [Preferable] Experience designing resilient generator, UPS and switchgear systems.
- Skills in project managing (internal to company) on-going jobs with limited supervision desirable.
- Experience on site monitoring projects, working with contractors and witnessing testing and commissioning activities.
- [Required] The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- [Required] Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- [Required] Good presentation and communication skills.
- [Required] Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- [Required] To be able to work as part as a team collaboratively and co-operatively.
- [Required] ability to travel abroad (not too frequently), i.e. for factory tests, site surveys etc
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com on +44 (0)20 8763 5900