Energy & Environmental Consultant / Senior Consultant – Glasgow
Hurley Palmer Flatt is a leading multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm. We wish to recruit a talented energy & environmental consultant (or senior consultant) to work at our Glasgow office. The successful candidate will join our energy & sustainability team, working alongside senior consultants and engineers. The role is varied, and you will be able to contribute to a wide range of projects. You will develop your skills to become an energy and environmental specialist in the built environment.
We are a dynamic company focused on being the best, not the biggest. That means hiring the best staff and providing the best training, working environment and opportunities for professional and personal development.
Our immediate workload includes (but is not limited to):
• Environmental Permitting,
• Energy Auditing,
• EU Emissions Trading System,
• Supporting the sustainable design, construction or refurbishment of buildings (including BREEAM assessments),
• Environmental & Energy Management Systems (ISO14001/ISO50001),
• Verification of Corporate Carbon Reports.
You will ideally have:
• MSc and/or BSc in a relevant discipline (e.g. energy / environmental / engineering / scientific)
• A sound understanding of environmental and sustainability principles
• Knowledge of environmental legislation, and how to assess compliance
• Excellent communication skills
• Professionalism and integrity. We rely on maintaining good relationships with our clients, and delivering the highest level of service
• The ability to research, collect, analyse and present information in a concise and effective form (e.g. drafting reports, or calculating carbon emissions following documented protocols)
• Excellent working knowledge of key business tools (e.g. Microsoft office / Spread sheets / Word / Browsers / Search Engines)
• The ability and potential to learn quickly
It may be advantageous to have:
• Membership of an appropriate professional organisation (e.g. IEMA, Energy Institute, CIBSE / others)
• Relevant work experience
The role will be based in our Glasgow office, and will include travel to client and other sites as and when required (mainly, but not exclusively, within the UK).
Closing date: Sunday 2nd September 2018
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org on +44 (0)20 8763 5900