Associate Director (Electrical)
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
Be a motivated, autonomous self-starter who is not afraid to jump in. Must be a good communicator who is able to work in a team and keen to learn new skills. Always ready to contribute to, and support, the team when required.
Be the electrical lead for the team working in parallel with the existing mechanical team lead to successfully deliver projects.
Although this is a senior role, there is still a large element of engineering design involvement from undertaking survey’s through to delivering reports and fully formed designs – this is not a 100% management role.
- Work with new and existing clients to develop project briefs and agree fees.
- Work with the team leader to manage project design resources.
- Work with team leader collaboratively to manage internal and external design resources to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Monitor project progress to ensure time spent is in line with agreed fees.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope.
- Assist team leader with monitoring engineering/CAD/Revit resource requirement for each project under your control.
- Carry out electrical engineering role from concept design to completion on site, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are met.
- Ensure the internal (and external) design team produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, and to a consistent quality and standard.
- Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews.
- Monitor and control project design progress, including minimising design variations.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Assist team leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements.
- Work with and aid the personal and professional development of junior members of the design team. Undertake staff appraisals for junior electrical engineers.
- Help develop improved working practices within the company, including contributing to company standards.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all your projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety policy e.g. ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
Preferred Skills & Requirements
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- [Preferred] Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent.
- [Required] Able to write originally scripted specifications (not NBS) and reports using HPF in-house style.
- [Required] Experienced user of industry standard design software (e.g. Amtech, Dialux, Revit, Bluebeam etc) and be able to help develop the skills of junior design team members in this area.
- [Required] Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- [Required] Able to organise and direct the production of CAD/Revit drawings.
- [Preferable] Experience designing resilient generator, UPS and LV/MV switchgear systems. Experience in data centres. We are willing to work with successful applicant to develop these skills, but the applicant definitely needs a can-do attitude and an enquiring mind.
- [Required] Experience in internally managing on-going projects with limited supervision.
- [Required] Experience on site monitoring projects, working with contractors and witnessing testing and commissioning activities.
- [Required] The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- [Required] Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- [Required] Good presentation and communication skills.
- [Required] Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- [Required] Able to encourage and support junior engineers to help them get to the next level.
- [Required] To be able to work as part as a team collaboratively and co-operatively.
- [Required] ability to travel abroad (not too frequently), i.e. for factory tests, site surveys etc.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org on +44 (0)20 8763 5900