Administration Assistant / Team Secretary – Sydney
We are looking for an experienced Administration Assistant or Team Secretary is required on a part time basis for our Engineering Consultancy based in Sydney CBD. Our business provides a high level of service to our clients and we are looking for a self-motivated and friendly individual who will work well in a busy team environment.
JOB HOLDER’S PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
To provide an effective, efficient and professional support service to all internal and external customers, whilst monitoring costs and quality of service. Assist the company in the delivery of its key objectives in compliance with the quality management systems.
• Answer the telephone promptly and politely, transferring calls or passing on messages where necessary to assist reception if required.
• Ensure that all documentation produced within the office is formatted to the required template and support in the production of documents as and when required.
• Provide accurate word processing assistance as required.
• Become knowledgeable with the scanning operation and digital equipment in the office.
• Assist in the structure and updating of both hard and soft copy filing, ensuring that all documentation is readily available and current.
• Carry out general office administration duties as directed by the line manager. These duties will include but not be limited to the production of letters, reports, spreadsheets, database maintenance and filing management.
• Provide professional support to the office in the delivery of its key objectives in compliance with the quality management systems.
• Organise and manage the production of agendas, management information and minutes within a timely manner.
• Organise and manage the production of conferences and events as directed by the line manager.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent keyboard skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Previous experience in a similar role is essential, ideally 5 years’ experience or more in an admin role.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• Must have high attention to detail.
• Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired but not essential.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Competency in MS Office, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
• The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
• Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
• Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the office and project teams and Clients.
• To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
Previous experience within engineering or construction businesses would be desirable.
Part time – approx. 15 hours per week over 2-3 days
Approx. $30 per hour – TBC
To apply, please send a cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org