Junior ICT Designer
Job Holder’s Primary Objectives
Design and supervise projects designated by your Group Leader. Carry out detailed design and calculations in accordance with industry and manufacturer’s global standards as required. Assist and prepare specifications, reports and drawings to the design programme.
- Agree design duties with your Group.
- Assist in carrying out detailed design, production of tender documents, site snagging and witness.
- Assist in carrying out structured cabling specifications, including LAN IP integration (VoIP, CCTV, door access, BMS, Intercoms, home automation).
- Where required, assist in carrying out LAN designs on central integrated network building services design (BMS, Security, home automation, metering, and energy and lift management).
- Assist carrying out planning designs on main, secondary and telecommunications equipment rooms.
- Assist with telecommunication carrier utility diversion and incoming services coordination.
- Where required, assist with Satellite/TV/DAB planning and coordination for satellite farms, head-end kit and riser distribution.
- Liaise with the design team to co-ordinate detailed designs and agree manufacturers and samples.
- Maintain good client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Assist Group Leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement requirements for ISO9001 and ISO14001.
Experience & Qualifications
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Basic experience, especially in designing and assisting on projects, ideally 2 years industry experience.
- Able to undertake computer modelling, organise and direct the production of CAD drawings and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other consultants desired but not essential( Training will be given to suitable candidate)
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired, but not essential.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
- Skills in server, VoIP and Wireless, desktop specifications desirable but not essential.
- Skills in 4G cellular equipment room space planning and coordination of multiple operator installation requirements desirable but not essential.
- Some experience in international structured cabling and LAN design is desired but not essential.
- Some experience in international structured cabling and LAN design is desired but not essential. but not essential.
If you have what it takes to bring buildings to life, please contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org on +44 (0)20 8763 5900